POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Level Surfaces Using Media : Re: Level Surfaces Using Media Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Level Surfaces Using Media
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Oct 2003 20:21:09
Message: <cjameshuff-C5E540.20184912102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3f82ae85bc09b08e10dd5cfd0@news.povray.org>,
 "Dave Matthews" <dma### [at] wrmnwestmnscuedu> wrote:

> >Would it be possible to change the color based on the gradient of the
> >>function?
>
> Probably, but I usually have to wait for someone like Mike Williams or
> "Sputnik" to come along and show me how ;-)

Well, it would be simple enough, just use the fn_Gradient() macro in
math.inc. It will be quite a bit slower to evaluate, though. Something
more interesting would be to use gradient in each axis for the
respective color component: x gradient for red, y gradient for green,
and z gradient for blue. This should actually be a bit faster...not to
mention more colorful.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/