POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : run files : Re: run files Server Time
4 May 2024 18:03:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: run files
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Oct 2003 00:24:58
Message: <cjameshuff-A67BB7.00225528102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3f9df4fb751c3e852a9e986c0@news.povray.org>,
 "Gary Oswald" <osw### [at] netzerocom> wrote:

> Sorry if I ofended any of you with my bad capping.  I did not realize that
> it would be that big of a deal.  I will keep that in mind with any future
> posts.

It's not really a big deal, it's just that there were so many errors in
such a short message. ;-)

> I will also try to be more spicific with my questions.  All that I
> would ask is that you cut me alittle slack because I am just starting out
> with this program.

Which program? POV, or the tree utilities? POV-Tree is a separate
program, and has no official connection to the POV-Ray program. For
support of that program, you should contact its author. TOMTREE is a
third-party include file for POV-Ray, and has its own instructions for
use. If you're not sure if a problem you're having with it is due to the
include or POV-Ray itself, go ahead and ask about it here, otherwise Tom
Aust would be the best person to talk to.

> (since a computer is a man-made device intended to assist in different jobs,
> and does contain moving parts, it is often refered to as a machine.  I
> could also call it a OS 9 box if I so chose.)

Hmm...even a computer without any moving parts is a machine. One of the
meanings of "machine" is "A system or device, such as a computer, that
performs or assists in the performance of a human task" (taken from
dictionary.reference.com)
And generally, computers are enclosed in boxes, and are commonly
referred to as boxes. So I guess I agree with you, though I'm not sure
why you brought it up.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/