POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lame Short Code Contest attempt : Re: Lame Short Code Contest attempt Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lame Short Code Contest attempt
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Feb 2004 15:19:13
Message: <cjameshuff-A47D1D.15195522022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4038f7cc$1@news.povray.org>,
 Marc Roth <mar### [at] rothconsultcom> wrote:

> > Interesting. Hard to focus on...and the center seems to move a bit.
> i think this is because he used red and blue. the human eye has problems
> focusing on both at the same time for some reasing i cannot quite remember.

Dispersion. Red and blue are at opposite ends of the spectrum, and are
refracted by fairly different amounts, so you can only have one in sharp
focus at a time. In this case, a lot of it seems to be my eyes trying to
focus on something that really is blurred. It might just be me, my
natural vision is pretty bad and I wear contacts.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/