POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Editing density structure : Re: Editing density structure Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editing density structure
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Aug 2003 21:25:40
Message: <cjameshuff-A14B5D.20224016082003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3f3ab9a392153c77b248b4cf0@news.povray.org>,
 "Maurya" <mau### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> The density tag can be used with the colormap to render each voxel with
> a differenct color depending on the density. I want to add another
> parameter like temperature to each voxel in deciding its color.

As described, you don't need to modify POV. Just preprocess your density
files to include the temperature as part of the color. The render will
be faster, and you won't have to mess around with adding code to an
already large and complex system.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/