POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Somebody Help Me... : Re: Somebody Help Me... Server Time
7 May 2024 11:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Somebody Help Me...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Mar 2003 10:23:30
Message: <cjameshuff-9DFCC1.10185501032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e60b344$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> > The problems are due to the Mac-specific parts of the code, MacMegaPOV
> > has completely different code for this. The official version often
> > refuses to use all available processor time (though I haven't seen it as
> > bad as you describe...for me it usually only leaves 20-30% idle).
> > MegaPOV doesn't have this problem.
>
> That is not true, you just don't know what you are talking about!

It is true. The official version with GUI has the problem, the command
line version and MacMegaPOV do not. The problem is definitely not in the
core code, I don't see how you can seriously claim otherwise.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/