POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : blob2 : Re: blob2 patch now available Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob2 patch now available
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Jul 2003 23:17:54
Message: <cjameshuff-9ACF46.22105822072003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f1df3cc@news.povray.org>,
 Fabien Mosen <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:

> > Considering the lack of interest I'm seeing in this,
>
> If you want to raise interest, SHOW PICTURES to the public, in pbi.

I did put pictures up, and gave links in my original message. Uploading
anything substantial is a pain on this connection...I don't even read
povray.binaries.images regularly. Again, here are the pictures:

2 sphere-capped cylinders and 2 hard-edged cylinders:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/blob2.png

A sphere and 3 torus components:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/blob2_2.png

And here's some comparisons with the blob primitive. A 4-sphere
tetrahedron, using the same blob components for both:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/tetrablob.png

And the blob tweaked to be as similar to the blob2 as possible:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/tetrablob2.png

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/