POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie question about the light_source function. : Re: Newbie question about the light_source function. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie question about the light_source function.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Nov 2003 22:59:29
Message: <cjameshuff-9A71BA.22580509112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <mat### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 Matthew Pace <mat### [at] lycoscom> wrote:

> I thought that I read somewhere that a light defined as color rgb 2
> would be white, but twice as bright as normal.  Is this true?  Did
> anyone else read this? Am I insane?  I didnt think this was possible, as
> the light could only get so bright, but please put my doubts to rest.

Well, I pretty much just said so, though not using that specific
example. It is white and twice as bright as rgb < 1, 1, 1>. Your monitor
can only display colors with a limitedd range of brightness and most
file formats only store percentages of maximum brightness rather than
absolute brightness, so the colors are clipped at output. There is no
difference in the final output between a color that the camera saw as <
2, 7, 1> and one that was only < 1, 1, 1>.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/