POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Somebody Help Me... : Re: Somebody Help Me... Server Time
7 May 2024 16:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Somebody Help Me...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Feb 2003 23:16:54
Message: <cjameshuff-98926B.23122128022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e602437$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Ian J. Burgmyer" <the### [at] maccom> wrote:

> > but...try MegaPOV.
>
> Think that'll work?  My problem sounds...eh...kind of strange. :)
>
> AFAIK the Unix version of 3.5 works fine, it's the Mac OS build that's giving
> me massive headaches.

The problems are due to the Mac-specific parts of the code, MacMegaPOV
has completely different code for this. The official version often
refuses to use all available processor time (though I haven't seen it as
bad as you describe...for me it usually only leaves 20-30% idle).
MegaPOV doesn't have this problem.

The official version also breaks a few Mac OS X UI conventions, such as
putting the working Quit item in the wrong menu (and having a
non-working Quit item in its place), MacMegaPOV is better in this
respect. It's just more useable.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/