POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopic camera theroy : Re: Stereoscopic camera theroy Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopic camera theroy
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Apr 2004 08:37:58
Message: <cjameshuff-8F6F2D.08384107042004@news.povray.org>
In article <407319af@news.povray.org>,
 "john.s<replacewithdot>grant"
 <"john.s<replacewithdot>grant"@sym### [at] icoca> wrote:

> This isn't theoretical.
>
> When I want a pair of pictures for a stereogram, I render the scene
> and move the file then rotate the objects or the camera 10 - 12
> degrees on only one axis of choice.

You might want to read some of the other messages in this thread. Though
the obvious method, this way has some problems. Basically, it leaves a
greater non-overlapping image area, making the stereo view of the scene
smaller, and can cause eye strain (the images are exactly what the eye
would see, but they are projected onto a flat surface in front of the
eye). If you compensate for that effect, it might be more useful...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/