POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Participating media: Schlick phase function : Re: Participating media: Schlick phase function Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Participating media: Schlick phase function
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Apr 2003 14:43:44
Message: <cjameshuff-8B5156.14434512042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e984df8$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> If it's bsaed on preprocessing and the results are camera-location
> independent, it would save time for animations wouldn't it?

No. Most ways of simulating secondary scattering are *really slow*. This
way is faster than those, but that doesn't mean it is faster than POV.
I'd guess it is slower in the rendering pass alone, because it has to
handle the data from the preprocessing pass as well as computing the
first scattering data.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/