POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Voronoi mosaiac - mosaiac.jpg (1/1) : Voronoi mosaiac - mosaiac.jpg (1/1) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Voronoi mosaiac - mosaiac.jpg (1/1)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Dec 2003 17:55:27
Message: <cjameshuff-88F0A8.17552326122003@netplex.aussie.org>
This was actually fairly simple to do. I generated a bunch of points in
an array, and used an image_map pigment function to extract the colors
at each point and save them as colors in a color_map. Then, for the
voronoi pattern, I just used the points with their respective color_map
indices, basically using the color map as the palette of an indexed
color image.

Oh, and there's 5000 points in this image. With all 5000 entries in one
color_map. Some of you might notice something interesting about that...
I needed to store a lot of colors, but didn't want to go through the
trouble of building nested color_maps or trying to reduce the number of
colors used, so I patched POV to remove the size limits on blend maps.
;-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mosaiac.jpg' (17 KB)