POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water surface (~50k jpg) : Re: water surface (~50k jpg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water surface (~50k jpg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Apr 2004 10:53:12
Message: <cjameshuff-7EDDC9.10540010042004@news.povray.org>
In article <40759667@news.povray.org>,
 Ross Litscher <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:

> Interesting :) I've heard of the book, but never knew what it was about.

Well, that's just part of the setting...the book is called "The
Fountains of Paradise", but it isn't about the fountains...not water
ones, anyway. It's really a surprisingly accurate story about a guy
trying to build a space elevator...it starts off with him demonstrating
a remarkably strong new material composed of of long chain molecules of
carbon.

> For
> this scene, i got stuck on the waterfall part that was supposed to be at
> the near end, but isn't. I thought about doing tiny blobs, but how to do a
> nice "fade" between the top surface heightfield and the droplets, i don't
> know. H.E. Day had an amazing waterfall a few years back... maybe it's time
> to search to see if he posted code.

Make a fountain instead? ;-)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>