POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cavorite Sphere (off the shelf) [~105K JPG] : Re: Cavorite Sphere (off the shelf) [~105K JPG] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cavorite Sphere (off the shelf) [~105K JPG]
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Apr 2004 17:59:56
Message: <cjameshuff-7DE24C.18010219042004@news.povray.org>
In article <4084334d@news.povray.org>, Jellby <jel### [at] M-yahoocom>
wrote:

> Is this true? I mean, in POV world, doesn't distance really matter when
> computing radiosity?

As far as I know, it does so only when it comes to selecting previously
taken samples to interpolate...you want to use samples taken from
nearby, and probably reduce the importance of samples from more distant
points. I don't know in detail how POV-Ray's radiosity algorithm works,
though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/