POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rational Fear [115kb] : Re: A Rational Fear [115kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rational Fear [115kb]
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Nov 2003 16:43:08
Message: <cjameshuff-79F338.16415008112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fab544a@news.povray.org>,
 "Darren Hewson" <dar### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Hey, thanks for the feedback, it made me look at this image again and I
> ended up doing quite a bit of work on the textures and lighting. I
> brightened things up a bit too.

Depth is much improved. It looks a bit stark though...I'd expect it to
be much more gloomy. The light fixtures look much too dim for the light
they're giving off. Have you tried distance fading for the lights? And
some scattering media for a more murky atmosphere...media shouldn't wipe
out the depth like fog.
The wall stones look shiny, are they supposed to be wet? They also look
fairly fresh-surfaced, I'd expect some dullness and grime. And I still
don't like the handrail...it looks thin and fragile now. I'd also expect
it to be black iron, maybe with brass or copper fittings, not what looks
like aluminum or uncorroded steel.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/