POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Faked Volumetrics (35k jpeg) : Re: More Faked Volumetrics (35k jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Faked Volumetrics (35k jpeg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Apr 2004 21:31:58
Message: <cjameshuff-6BB5D0.21324408042004@news.povray.org>
In article <4075d862$1@news.povray.org>,
 Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> BRILLIANT idea! It may cause some challenges for the renderer if objects
>   are within those planes. Have you found any trouble with, say, a
> sphere in the middle of the clouds?

Well, since it's on a 2D surface, it'd look a bit odd...

BTW, I vaguely recall some very good sky_sphere pigments done using this
technique. One advantage there is that you don't have any intersection
or finish/normal calculations, so it renders faster. The layered pigment
feature of sky_spheres seems to be overlooked far too much.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/