POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k) : Re: Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Jan 2004 16:39:05
Message: <cjameshuff-642BC5.16392214012004@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.400469f9570536d75800b48e0@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> No, they would not in general: Especially if you use adapitive antialiasing,
> it will just take more samples until the difference is small enough. Due to
> the number of samples taken, there usually will not be a visible aliasing.

Well, if the antialiasing algorithm simply computes the integral of the
unclipped values, it is possible for a pixel only partially covering a
bright area of the scene to be pushed over 100%. If the area of the
scene has an intensity of 10, it need only cover 10% of the pixel to
reach maximum intensity. Digital cameras have imperfect optics, blooming
effects, a different detector element geometry...each pixel is usually 4
squares: a red, two green, and a blue...and various software filters. I
think this is something that should be taken care of with a post-process
filter...it wouldn't be a problem if display devices could reproduce the
true intensities.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/