POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : warp function test images (76k and 28k) : Re: warp function test images (76k and 28k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: warp function test images (76k and 28k)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Oct 2003 19:17:48
Message: <cjameshuff-60FE99.19152913102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f8af3ec$1@news.povray.org>,
 David Burnett <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:

> It's an isosurface using the noise subtracted, from f_r(),
> which is as close to displacement that POV gets.

I'd say true displacement is as close to true displacement as POV gets...
Combining functions in this way isn't really displacement, but you can
do real displacement by modifying the coordinates given to the function.
Common examples of this are scaling by dividing the coordinates or
translation by subtraction. Just use something like:

originalFn(x - xDispFn(x, y, z),
           y - yDispFn(x, y, z),
           z - zDispFn(x, y, z)
)

Warping a function also qualifies as true displacement...
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/11612/

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/