POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 32000 radio samples (there we go again) : Re: Why do you recompile POV (Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again)) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do you recompile POV (Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again))
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Apr 2003 11:19:46
Message: <cjameshuff-53E838.11183210042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <9i4a9v4nakj6for3r24ddre7uaatg0knm1@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> Own radiosity samples distribution without recompiling.
> Own camera type without recompiling.
> Own antialiasing without recompiling.
> Own patterns via functions.
> Own ... This become a trend so I wonder what are other common purposes for
> recompiling POV which can be moved from sources to scripts (except completly
> new features which can't be anticipated). Are there any other propositions ?

Objects. Just specify things like insideness, intersection, and normal
functions.

Custom texture and interior attributes...just take the function pattern
a bit further. New patterns, complete control over layered textures, etc.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/