POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [BUG?] woods.inc - T_Wood12 : Re: [BUG?] woods.inc - T_Wood12 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [BUG?] woods.inc - T_Wood12
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Oct 2003 20:05:54
Message: <cjameshuff-49A0C6.20033512102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f72bb4f@news.povray.org>, Bonsai <bon### [at] b0n541net>
wrote:

> I think I found a little bug in the wood.inc include file. When I render
> the texture T_Wood12 I get strange patterns.

These "strange patterns" are called figuring. Straight flat grain is
boring. The real thing has depth that you can't see in a photo (and
which POV can't currently simulate), but here are some examples:
http://www.davidreedsmith.com/Shuttles/PommeleSapeleWood.jpg
http://www.davidreedsmith.com/Shuttles/CurlyMapleWood.jpg
http://www.curlymaple.com/softmpl.shtml

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/