POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some thins (torus + cylinder) : Re: Some thins (torus + cylinder) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some thins (torus + cylinder)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Apr 2004 13:56:15
Message: <cjameshuff-45824B.13570813042004@news.povray.org>
In article <web.407c1da66a3d83da9f39ec720@news.povray.org>,
 "Alex Kluchikov" <klk### [at] ukrnet> wrote:

> Yes, you're absolutely right. My native languages are Russian and Ukrainian.

Well, you speak (or at least write) English better than many native
speakers...it's just that one little expression which didn't come across
clearly.

> And you are right about the meaning of 'lirics' word I used -- I meant
> 'opposite to phisics'. Although I had used the dictionary, I've got to be
> misunderstood.

I don't recognize the word "phisics" either, though I did find one
reference to Russian "phisics and lirics" online, and some references to
"physics" as a musical term, apparently referring to singing. I'm
guessing you just correctly translated some expression I've never heard
(which that "phisics and lirics" quote seems to imply). Something to do
with the more "mental" techniques used to create the more "physical"
image?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/