POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Quicksort in PoV-Ray? : Re: Quicksort in PoV-Ray? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quicksort in PoV-Ray?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Nov 2003 21:40:32
Message: <cjameshuff-44E132.21404029112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3FBC6A11.C6E5111B@gmx.de>,

You might want to have a look at arrays.inc as well...

> But there, Quicksort is
> implemented as a recursive function (which returns no value),
> now my question: is #macro equivalent to "non-returning" functions? Or
> do I have to do it all as a series of nested loops?

I'm not sure what you mean by macros being equivalent to non-returning
functions. There is no requirement that a macro return a value...and
recursion with macros does work.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/