POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Simple Patina Macro (7kb jpg) : Re: Simple Patina Macro (7kb jpg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Patina Macro (7kb jpg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Nov 2003 14:29:55
Message: <cjameshuff-1FAF24.14300129112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <cja### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> > By the way, isn't this kind of like the proximity pattern? (I never used
> > it, so I don't know).
>
> Not really, though it can resemble it in shape. The proximity pattern
> was based on distance to the surface. This is based on the proportion of
> nearby space taken up by the volume of the object. It is basically a
> blurred object pattern.

BTW, the "sub-surface scattering" pattern using the projection pattern
is quite similar to a "visibility" pattern I was working on, which was a
very close relative of the proximity pattern and was intended to be used
for patinas. It could be a bit closer to a proximity pattern if the
projection pattern depended on distance...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/