POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Simple Patina Macro (7kb jpg) : Re: Simple Patina Macro (7kb jpg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Patina Macro (7kb jpg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Nov 2003 22:31:41
Message: <cjameshuff-13E0AD.22314528112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3FC### [at] hotmailcom>,
 Samuel Benge <sbe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Hey Rune. I'm sure this concept will be useful, but somebody needs to
> produce a model worthy of diplaying its properties. That buddha statue
> ought to work. This technique could be used to simulate oxidation or
> paint that has been partially worn off by excessive handling.

I agree...this looks like it may be a very useful effect. Maybe I should
revive my blurred pattern patch...I'll have more time to do that after
this semester is over.
(Didn't someone else also do a blurred pattern patch?)

> By the way, isn't this kind of like the proximity pattern? (I never used
> it, so I don't know).

Not really, though it can resemble it in shape. The proximity pattern
was based on distance to the surface. This is based on the proportion of
nearby space taken up by the volume of the object. It is basically a
blurred object pattern.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/