POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds - attached files (1/1) : Re: Clouds - attached files (1/1) - attached files (1/1) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds - attached files (1/1) - attached files (1/1)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Mar 2005 15:49:11
Message: <cjameshuff-006343.15490902032005@news.povray.org>
In article <4225efa8@news.povray.org>, Art Flint <pfl### [at] stxrrcom>
wrote:

> Christopher James Huff wrote:
> > Nothing revolutionary, just slow old media clouds.
>
> Might be slow, but still looks good.

Here's some new ones, trying for something more like light rainclouds.
rainyskylate.jpg was an attempt at a late afternoon sky, not quite what
I intended but pretty nice looking. I'm starting to get better structure
on the large clouds, which were pretty featureless in the earlier
renders.

I'm still not quite satisfied with the horizon, it shouldn't be glowing
so brightly, but I think some work on the atmosphere density falloff
will fix that. In any case, the combination of haze and curvature do a
pretty good job of fixing the "infinite horizon" problem. At least it
should be useful for most scenes, where the horizon isn't visible. And
since clouds are too distant to interact directly with most scenes, you
could just use a background sky_sphere from a pre-rendered sky. (HDRI
would be very useful here.)

--
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] gmailcom>
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rainysky2.jpg' (40 KB) Download 'rainyskylate.jpg' (45 KB)

Preview of image 'rainysky2.jpg'
rainysky2.jpg

Preview of image 'rainyskylate.jpg'
rainyskylate.jpg