POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : The math of circular truetype fonts : Re: The math of circular truetype fonts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The math of circular truetype fonts
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Feb 2000 16:14:36
Message: <chrishuff_99-FDCC21.16155722022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b28881@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>   I think this can be easyly done with a #macro. Why should the source
>   code be modified?

If the characters are just being rearranged, than a macro would be easy
to develop. If the characters also taper toward the center of the
circle(which would be a more useful feature, in my opinion), than a
patch would almost be required.(You might be able to get something by
trace()'ing text objects and using that data to make prisms, but the
results probably wouldn't be very good, it would be difficult to make,
and could take a while to parse)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom