POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is? (WIP ~200kbu) : Re: Can you tell what it is? (WIP ~200kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is? (WIP ~200kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Apr 2000 18:14:43
Message: <chrishuff_99-FC0343.17173722042000@news.povray.org>
In article <3901f0d3@news.povray.org>, "Charles Krause"
<ckr### [at] telusplanetnet> wrote:

> This is a detail from a much larger project.
> It is mostly untextured, just modeled.
>
> I this it's obvious from it's design what it is, but I'm much to
> close to the problem. I'm wondering if it's obvious to anyone else?
>
> If you can figure out what it is, and have any suggestions on it,
> please let me know :)

It looks like some kind of maintenance access panel...like a circuit
breaker, computer circuitry, or relay box embedded in a wall or floor.
Or maybe my scale is off, it might be a cover to a small passage, again,
only something useful for maintenance(something like the "Jefferey's
Tubes" in Star Trek).

It certainly doesn't look high-security...from it's appearance, I would
say you just rotate the four corner pieces and pull out on the two big
handles to open it. No electromagnetic locks visible, no keypad, retinal
scanner, voiceprint recognition, fingerprint verification, not even a
padlock...

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/