POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg] : Re: Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg]
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Apr 2000 17:57:40
Message: <chrishuff_99-F73A41.17003925042000@news.povray.org>
In article <3904e6ae@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> ... to ruin my scene.  :-)  Really, it is.  The three media
> containers simply will not merge together well.  I'm sure I've heard
> others say before that multiple containers having differing media
> won't work perfectly and I believe it.  I tried various ways to CSG
> them or leave separate. What you see here is the separated way but
> doesn't matter in how the media is rendered.

It looks like your media containers are breaking up the sampling into
more intervals in some places than in others...increasing samples or
intervals might help. Also, was "merge {}" one of the CSG types you
tried? If this is the problem, merge {} should help, at least a little.
Another thing you might try is putting all of the media into one
container.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/