POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Creature (~17kb) : Re: Creature (~17kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creature (~17kb)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Apr 2000 13:28:40
Message: <chrishuff_99-E77F8C.12311409042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38EE7C5F.77360AFD@fcmail.com>, CMcCabe
<dea### [at] fcmailcom> wrote:

> I made this creature entirely with CSG and now don't really know what to
> do with him.
> I'd like to add fur or fuzz to him, but have no idea how.
> Anybody have suggestions for fur or fuzz or anything else?

If it is a mesh or if you can make a "dummy" mesh to control the hair
placement, you might be able to use the Compressed Mesh Macro File:
http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/pcm.html

I think there was another example of using media to simulate fur on this
newsgroup, and you could also use the trace() function in MegaPOV to
place individual hairs.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/