POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : A bug in my blob pigment patch : A bug in my blob pigment patch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  A bug in my blob pigment patch
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Dec 1999 12:12:37
Message: <chrishuff_99-E0CDD5.12130412121999@news.povray.org>
I have found a bug in the blob pigment, in parstxtr.c, in the function
Parse_Pattern(), the lines:
             Parse_Comma();
             newComponent->falloff = Parse_Float();
need to be removed for each component type. These are lines 909-910 and
937-938 in my copy of the source.

This happened when I moved the falloff value to the density function, I
made the necessary modifications to the blob pattern portion but forgot
the blob pigment portion.

And a progress report on the documentation: I am almost finished, I just
need to do a lot of formatting.
However, I am debating whether to just do a release of this patch, or to
wait until the next version of the MegaPatch is released and integrate
most of my stuff into that. (then what should I call my patch?
MegaPatchPlus?)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom