POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process filters source code available : Re: post_process filters source code available Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process filters source code available
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Apr 2000 13:43:47
Message: <chrishuff_99-E04DE1.12465229042000@news.povray.org>
In article <kBILOQf+VkkppSbGTHPZS056GgFU@4ax.com>, Glen Berry
<7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote:

> I downloaded this, but I can't read *any* of it. None of it seems to
> be in a pure ASCII text mode, but some proprietary format instead. I
> used Win Zip to extract the files, and got no error messages in the
> process. I don't think that WinZIP is the problem.

Oh, it is true ASCII text, the problem is that Macs use a different line
feed sequence from Windows(and UNIX has yet another kind of line feed).
A good text editor should still be able to open it...I will re-upload
the files converted to Windows format text.

> When I looked at post-pro.txt in my usual editor, it opened the file
> in hex format, because it wasn't a true ASCII text file. I did see
> something about "Code Warrior IDE" embedded in all the mess near the
> bottom of the file. Perhaps you saved these files in a proprietary IDE
> format?

Uhm, there isn't a file called "post-pro.txt". There *is* a file named
"Post-process patch docs.txt"...
And CodeWarrior uses plain text files for the source code...maybe you
are looking at some resource fork data that somehow got through.

> I would really like to get the complete source files, (not diffs or
> anything), in plain ASCII text mode, to plug into my MegaPOV source. I
> can't wait to try this out.

I don't want to give the full parse.c, parse.h, and tokenize.h files,
since I only modified a small portion and I also have modifications from
other patches.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/