POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Reserved words in pov-ray : Re: Reserved words in pov-ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reserved words in pov-ray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Dec 1999 08:23:31
Message: <chrishuff_99-DF7384.08234202121999@news.povray.org>
In article <384671c8@news.povray.org>, "Edmund Horner"
<edm### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

> I've noticed that many new primitives added and suggested for the povray
> source, invent new reserved words for their arguments.  For example:
>
> lparse {
>     orientation_fwd y
>     orientation_right x
>
>     (... more stuff ...)
>     }
>
> Is it not possible to recycle existing words like (for this example)
> "forward" and "right" ?
>
> Are these extisting words bound to their meanings as applied to camera?
>
> (This was my first post to povray.programming)

It is quite possible to "recycle" existing keywords, an example would be
the method keyword in the media sampling patches. Another would be my
blob pattern and blob pigment patches. Sometimes the author just doesn't
think of it, other times it makes the syntax much clearer if a new
keyword is used instead of recycling an older one.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom