POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patterned light sources - PatternLights.JPG (1/1) : Re: Patterned light sources - PatternLights.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patterned light sources - PatternLights.JPG (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2000 09:16:55
Message: <chrishuff_99-DBB136.09182427022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b901e3@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> What happens if the color map is scaled very small or the frequency
> increased a lot?  Maybe some interesting colorations at certain
> places and the rest more or less like white light perhaps?

Unless you used heavy anti-aliasing, you would get moire effects. I am
not really certain how multiple sources would interact with small-scale
pigments though...could be interesting.
If you did use anti-aliasing, I think the color would tend more toward
50% gray.(unless you used unusually bright colors)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom