POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1) : Re: IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Feb 2000 07:11:21
Message: <chrishuff_99-D3B161.07124725022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38B5EA14.BC81C7D6@aol.com>, "SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> I like it! Tricky trace work there. I just recently found out that
> using just method 2 and eval with a very low accuracy (about .001)
> gives the best results. I hope to work on my tutorial soon :)

Hmm, actually, that is a pretty high accuracy. :-)
Maybe this keyword should be changed to something like "allowable_error"
in the official version...
I confess that I haven't tweaked the settings for this isosurface at
all...it rendered as wanted and wasn't too slow, so I just didn't
bother. I just typed in the equation, liked the results, gave it a plain
green pigment, and began playing with trace().

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom