POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240) : Re: Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Apr 2000 08:36:29
Message: <chrishuff_99-D37903.07390712042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38F3E638.AC081566@aol.com>, "SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> I think maybe increasing the ambient will give it the appearance of being
> less dense, as well as lowering the diffuse.

My reasoning was that ambient makes it visible without light falling on
it, similar to emitting media.

> > The brilliance will vary the amount of "scattering" dependant on angle.
> > At least, I think it should, it has in my other tests of this sort.
>
> Good idea.

Hmm, turns out that because of the different directions the surfaces
point in(I used planar surfaces in my experiments), the results are not
always what you expect. I had some interesting results by placing a
light_source right in the middle of the smoke, though...

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/