POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : particles? : Re: particles? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particles?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Mar 2000 17:20:40
Message: <chrishuff_99-C4DA7C.17225729032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38e135e3@news.povray.org>, "Matt Savard" <msa### [at] rainorg>
wrote:

> Has anyone done any work with implementing a particle system in POV? With
> all the cool features like blobs and interiors and such, I think this
> would be fantastic.

While it isn't a patch, there is a particle system written in
POV-Script. Check out Chris Colfax's Liquid Spray include, here:
http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/

I have done a couple myself, I came up with some very nice smoke.
Unfortunately, the parse and render times were huge. The render time
could be partially fixed by using my blob pattern-I just haven't tried
it yet.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/