POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Apr 2000 11:53:15
Message: <chrishuff_99-C14852.10562029042000@news.povray.org>
In article <390A0B46.AEDCEB12@stud.ntnu.no>, Sigmund Kyrre Aas
<as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:

> Catching up on the other threads here I found that you've already
> mentioned this. Levels wouldn't be the same as
> highlight/midtone/shadow because it's dynamic; it changes according
> to the darkest/brightest pixel. The highlight/midtone/shadow will
> change the colour values regardless of the image.
> I think this could make the levels process very useful since we don't
> have the fast preview capabilites of image editing programs.

How about a filter that can take either 2 or 4 colors, if 2 colors, then
it would adjust the colors of the image so the brightest is equal to the
second color and the dimmest equal to the first. If 4 colors, it would
override that "auto adjust" and adjust the image as if the two
additional colors are the dimmest and brightest colors.
Is this what you want?

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/