POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Using julia_fractal as a pattern type : Re: Using julia_fractal as a pattern type Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using julia_fractal as a pattern type
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Dec 1999 15:24:08
Message: <chrishuff_99-BA61A2.15242807121999@news.povray.org>
In article <384d0ae5@news.povray.org>, ron### [at] povrayorg wrote:

> Probably, yes.  The easiest thing to do is probably start with Chris
> Huff's object-based pattern code, because he's probably already gone
> to the trouble to add a pointer to the associated object (and associated
> constructor/copy/destructor code) to TPAT_FIELDS.

Actually, there might be a bug in the way I did it. I intended to have
it take a pointer to the actual object instead of copying the object to
the pattern structure, but the code I wrote might not have done that(due
to a possible misunderstanding of how identifiers are handled by the
parser).
I ran into this when I added my patches together into one patch, and the
object pattern crashed unless I added code to copy the object.
Of course, I will be looking at this closer, and it probably also
affects my proximity pattern.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom