POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patterned light sources - PatternLights.JPG (1/1) : Re: Patterned light sources - PatternLights.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patterned light sources - PatternLights.JPG (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Feb 2000 22:07:14
Message: <chrishuff_99-B948BA.22084126022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b88f3d@news.povray.org>, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

> Great work, but why
>
> >light_source {< -8, 5,-3>*2,
> >    pigment {onion
> >        color_map {
> >            [0 color Red]
> >            [0.5 color Green]
> >            [1 color Blue]
> >        }
> >        translate < -5, 0.5,-3>*2
> >    }
>

> >    color Yellow
>

> ---------^-^-^
>
> >    map_type 0
> >}

Oh, that is something I forgot about. You can specify both the solid
color and a pigment, the pigment overrides the color. I had both
specified while I was working on some code that hadn't yet been changed
to use the pigment, and just never deleted it from the .pov file.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom