POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega-POV Post-Processing Request : Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Apr 2000 11:41:32
Message: <chrishuff_99-B1CE47.10442924042000@news.povray.org>
In article <3903B901.58BBF765@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Glen Berry wrote:
>
> > My first idea was the more general method of supplying custom
> > parameters to achieve a given result. Perhaps to even include a
> > "formula parser" that would allow the end-user to enter a unique
> > formula for the effect desired.
> >
> > A list of parameters or formulas that are known to produce interesting
> > results should be included with the patch, just to get people started.
> > They can always try their own values or formulas, after experimenting
> > with the samples provided with the patch.
>
> Someone once suggested a filter matrix similar to the one used by paint
> programs such as the one available in PSP.

I believe that is called a "convolution matrix"(?). It should be pretty
easy to do, and is one of the approaches I have been trying with my
pattern blurring patch. However, it doesn't really have anything to do
with the stuff currently being discussed.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/