POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Outrun! Or the little hovercraft that could (not?) [~24KB Jpeg] : Re: Outrun! Or the little hovercraft that could (not?) [~24KB Jpeg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outrun! Or the little hovercraft that could (not?) [~24KB Jpeg]
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 May 2000 08:33:34
Message: <chrishuff_99-B08069.07365913052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391c7f1f@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> Oh well, worth a try to see what all it can do anyhow.
> And yep, I remember the examples of that now.  Thought all that was
> something to do with particle-making instead.

Well, that was one of the uses I was thinking of, using blob components
in the pattern to represent particles and using the whole thing in a
media density.

> As a isosurface that could get interesting for sure, although I could
> probably forget about animation if both isosurface and media were
> used.  For now anyway.

The isosurfaces using this pattern were actually fairly fast rendering,
especially when compared to some other patterns. It is one of the few
patterns that works fine as-is instead of mostly being useful as a
displacement pattern. Still, with media, even with method 2 or 3...I
guess it depends on the size of your animation.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/