POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye Logo 5 (~56kau) : Re: Eye Logo 5 (~56kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Logo 5 (~56kau)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 May 2000 08:23:59
Message: <chrishuff_99-B00CF0.07272312052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391BB156.1C1C4959@unforgettable.com>,
inq### [at] unforgettablecom wrote:

> Personally, I don't see why POV-Ray needs a logo (or a mascot, or any of
> the other shiny-glittery marketing-type crap people want to give it),

Basically, something to add to web pages, images, etc to show they are
POV-Ray related.

> but I always thought this was a pretty cool one.. and ignore Chris Huff,
> who has lots of good ideas but seems obsessed with making this thing
> into a photorealistic human eye (yeah, THAT'D make a good logo.. not :P

Nonono...I think you misunderstood me. I think a nearly photorealistic
eye would be needed to really show emotion, but I don't think it would
make a good logo. I also don't think emotion is really that necessary in
a logo.
I *do* think it needs an iris, but that is definitely not enough to make
it "photorealistic".

> ) or insisting that it's a stylized hydrogen atom.

Well, it looks like one! :-)

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/