POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post process feature: copy : Re: Post process feature: copy Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post process feature: copy
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 May 2000 09:30:25
Message: <chrishuff_99-B00382.08335214052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391E6A2A.C09319D2@stud.ntnu.no>, Sigmund Kyrre Aas
<as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:

> Needless to say render and parse time can be very long, thus making
> it slow to experiment with the post processes. With a copy{} object
> one could output several different versions of the file:
>
> post_process {
>    copy { png "no_postprocess.png" }
>    copy { png "focal_and_soft.png"
>       focal_blur{10,5,2}
>       soft_glow{.6,5}
>    }
> }

I think a better solution would be input_image and output_image
directives for each process. The input_image keyword would load the
specified image and use it to override the color values, output_image
would save the results of the filter to the specified file and restore
the previous version in memory. It would probably have to be clipped
colors to be a standard image format, but that shouldn't be a big
problem(you could find or create another image format supporting a
greater dynamic range).

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/