POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Preliminary work. (~40kbu) : Re: Preliminary work. (~40kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:54:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preliminary work. (~40kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Feb 2000 15:38:28
Message: <chrishuff_99-ADC538.15393412022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38a5b962@news.povray.org>, "Simen Kvaal"
<sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote:

> I interpret that as sarcasm. :(

No sarcasm intended...I was referring to the computer game "Marathon",
which starts out on a colony ship with the same name. The ship was
really a conversion of Deimos, one of the two moons of Mars, and was the
size of a relatively large asteroid. There were other ships built from
smaller asteroids...

> No, that was not what I wanted it to look like. Where do you see that
> asteroid? If I wanted to make that, it would have looked different, I
> think.

Well, from what I have read, Deimos is roughly potato shaped. This looks
like what I would expect to end up with after excavating and smoothing
over a planetoid in the process of converting it to a habitable
structure.

> I call this object the 'stabilizer'.

Hmm, the stabilizer for what?

--