POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black lines? [~22kB] : Re: Black lines? [~22kB] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black lines? [~22kB]
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 May 2000 17:24:13
Message: <chrishuff_99-AA0409.16275121052000@news.povray.org>
In article <8F3BD8EFAseed7@204.213.191.228>, ing### [at] homenl (ingo)
wrote:

> Still playing with the X', tying to make a texture with it. But I
> encounter black lines and can't find a reason for it in the scene.
> What causes it? Or is it inaccuracy of Povray (MegaPov)?

It is a precision problem, similar to the coincident surfaces problem.
Try replacing xPigm with this version, scaled and translated to avoid
the problem:
#declare xPigm =
function {
    pigment {
        object {Letter
            pigment {rgb 1}
            pigment {rgb 0}
        }
        warp {repeat x}
        warp {repeat y}
        scale < 1, 1.00002, 1>
        translate < 0,-0.00001, 0>
    }
}

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/