POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : eval_pigment demo scene : eval_pigment demo scene Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  eval_pigment demo scene
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Dec 1999 13:38:36
Message: <chrishuff_99-A8C288.13391118121999@news.povray.org>
This scene is a demo of my eval_pigment patch, which is different from
the eval_pattern patch in that it returns a color instead of a float,
and takes a pigment. It probably doesn't work correctly with transparent
pigments, because it actually returns a vector instead of a color. I
might enhance it and add a class of functions which return a color.
Note that my most recently released patch includes the reflectivity
patch, which I plan to remove in the next version. I have a few things I
would like to change about it, and it isn't backwards compatable.

//*******************************************
#include "colors.inc"
#version 3.1;
//-------------------------------------------
global_settings {
   assumed_gamma 1.8
}

camera {
   location < 2, 4, -6>
   angle 35
   look_at < 0, 0, 0>
}
//*******************************************
#declare xSize = 80;
#declare zSize = 80;
//it is not required that the pigment be declared,
//but it makes cleaner looking code.
#declare testPigment =
pigment {crackle
   color_map {
      [0 color Blue]
      [0.3 color Red]
      [0.67 color Yellow]
      [1 color White]
   }
   scale 0.5
}

union {
   #declare J=0;
   #while(J< xSize)
         #declare L=0;
         #while(L< zSize)
            #declare Pos = <(J-(xSize/2))/xSize, 0,
(L-(zSize/2))/zSize>*2;
            #declare Col = eval_pigment(testPigment, Pos);
            sphere {< (1/xSize)/2, 0.01, (1/zSize)/2>, 0.01
               pigment {color Col}
               finish {ambient 1 diffuse 1}
               translate Pos
            }
            #declare L=L+1;
      #end
      #declare J=J+1;
   #end
   scale 2
}

light_source { < -30, 75, -60 >*100 color White }
light_source { < 30, 15, -30 >*100 color White*0.25}

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom