POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) : Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Dec 1999 16:54:56
Message: <chrishuff_99-A604D1.16551507121999@news.povray.org>
In article <1e2gl0e.1hrykd4wgajkkN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>,
sme### [at] skynetbe (smellenbergh) wrote:

> The pigment object causes a crash when the object is a CSG construction.

There is a bug in the object pattern, it assumes a declared object will
stay allocated through the render. The solution is to copy the object,
and set the pointer in the pattern data structure(proxObj, as I
remember)to point at that copy. Of course, the object then needs to be
destroyed when the pattern is destroyed.
The same problem should exist in the proximity pattern, I will upload
some fixed source soon.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom