POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere cluster (oh no!) (~29 kbu) : Re: Sphere cluster (oh no!) (~29 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere cluster (oh no!) (~29 kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Apr 2000 21:37:10
Message: <chrishuff_99-A38C95.20400321042000@news.povray.org>
In article <39005ea6$1@news.povray.org>, "Simen Kvaal"
<sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote:

> > Er, I don't see any lightning. Or do you mean lighting?
> Yes... (my english is a bit rstttyy sometimes...,)

Well, my english is also a bit rstttyy sometimes...and it is the only
language I know!
I still think it might be interesting with lightning arcing from the
spheres to a tree branch, or something like that... :-)

> > Which kind of clouds are you looking for? Whispy, cirrus clouds? Dark
> > stormclouds? Sparse, fluffy clouds?
>
> All of them!! But in this particular case, I'd go for the stratos
> kind; the ones resembling fishbones ... I think one might call them
> "sparse, fluffy". Can you help? I got a message from mr. Hazelgrove,
> and I'm eager to try it out, too.

Hmm, I think I would play around with using agate or unevenly scaled
wrinkles patterns as either a multi-layered texture or as a media
density...

> Thanks! I was actually inspired by a Tangerine Dream cover, although
> I've never heard the music... The thought was to make this extremely
> perfect (speaking textureing) _and- realistic, and adding some sunny
> sky and grass below. I am still working on the grass, creating a
> (hpoefully not so slow) macro using bezier patches. Any hints
> welcome!

Maybe make a fractal tree with perfectly straight branches and
non-random angles, and have these "fruit" hanging from it...you could
use blobs to give the tree an organic look.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/