POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye Logo 5 (~56kau) : Re: Eye Logo 5 (~56kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Logo 5 (~56kau)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 May 2000 23:31:22
Message: <chrishuff_99-9FA91E.22344511052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391b6669@news.povray.org>, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

> I placed the pupil back where it was, and moved the camera back too.

This part looks good...though I won't comment on the absence of an iris
again...

> I made the tail be in between the previous sizes, so it's not too
> small, and not too fat. I also adjusted the yellow part, again at
> exactly halfway in between the too dark and the too bright. I hope
> you like these changes.

The tail looks better proportioned now, and the yellow color looks just
right.(it *was* a little bright in the previous version)
One suggestion: rotate it clockwise a couple degrees, it looks like it
is slowly rolling backward. Just enough to make the red part a bit
lower, I think.

> I was also wondering: do you see any expression in the eye? Does it
> look like it's the eye of a happy person, a calm person, or what?
> Please let me know. Maybe we can figure out some way of adding
> emotion to it.

Hmm, I think it looks like a slightly surprised hydroge...gack.....

Seriously, I don't think there is enough there to show emotion. If you
want it to have an emotion to it, you need to add more: a separate iris
and pupil, actual eyelids, and eyebrows. At which point you have much
more than a simple logo...
I mean, try imagining different expressions: anger, happyness, etc, but
only keeping a stylized outline of one eye in mind.(the sphere in the
middle gives practically no information) With a pupil and iris, the
relative size of the pupil indicates some of the degree of alertness,
fear, etc, but even that isn't much without an eyebrow and eyelids.

I don't think a logo really needs an expression though...leave that to
the POV-Mascot. :-)

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/