POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Transforming an object without transforming its texture : Re: Transforming an object without transforming its texture Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transforming an object without transforming its texture
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Mar 2000 20:25:08
Message: <chrishuff_99-9241A2.20270214032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38ce5f44@news.povray.org>, "Philippe Debar"
<phi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> A workaround : make your object a macro like #macro
> myObject(currentTransform).
>
> I hope this helps,

Yes, that is possible, and I often do my objects this way so I can
incorporate other randomized elements for a little more realism. But a
way to translate an object and not it's texture, some kind of flag for
the transform {} blocks, would still be useful sometimes. It would
require you to use the transform {} block to enclose your
transformations, but this might be a good idea anyway...and it would
only be for a few small cases that you would want to do this.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom