POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Pixellated object. : Re: Pixellated object. Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixellated object.
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Feb 2000 20:35:24
Message: <chrishuff_99-8F22CF.20361603022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38988ac1@news.povray.org>, "Simen Kvaal"
<sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote:

> I've found a neat technique to pixellate almost any object in povray. I
> have
> uploaded the AVI to http://www.uio.no/~simenkv/pixeltorus2.avi for those
> interested to see. (Couldn't find a way to fit it under the limit.) It's
> 1.2MB download, so beware ... It's just a spinning pixellated torus;
> decide
> for yourselves.
>
> I have great plans for this one!

Wild guess...(meaning the way I would do it)
You are using MegaPOV. You have a loop or more likely nested loops which
go through each possible cube position. At each point, you use the
eval_pattern() function with the object pattern to find if the point is
inside or outside the object. If it is inside, you place a cube at that
position.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom